Double Helix Optics, an innovator in 3D imaging technologies, is looking to grow its entrepreneurial team with a scientist with deep expertise in microscopy techniques and imaging. The Applications Scientist position bridges science, engineering, and business and is ideal for a scientist who enjoys developing next generation imaging technologies – particularly 3D imaging – in a small dynamic team environment.
Double Helix Optics is expanding the boundaries of 3D imaging technology for life sciences. Utilizing 3D computational optics – a blend of instrumentation and image processing algorithms – DHO is enabling scientists to see in 3D with unrivaled precision, and is already enabling new discovery in a range of biological fields.
The responsibilities of this role also include, but are not limited to:
- Product vision – Analyze market, customer and competitive conditions, identify emerging scientific trends and technologies for the purpose of creating a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands.
- Customer Engagement – Work with the business team to advance customer opportunities and customer support.
- Cross-functional collaborations – Ensure close alignment and open communication with the engineering and business teams for customer projects.
- Market assessment – Maintain scientific/technical knowledge of the key markets. Identify appropriate market opportunities governed by market dynamics, competitive landscape, and solution/service needs.
- Campaign creation and marketing strategy – Partner with Marketing to develop go-to-market strategies, content, and campaigns consistent with branding, positioning and messaging relating to Double Helix Optics and its products and services. Use market insights to develop content and customer engagement strategies through digital and traditional communication channels.
- Represent the company at conferences, workshops and related events
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in Biology, Biophysics, Chemistry or related field
- Strong background in microscopy techniques and imaging including experience with live cell imaging, widefield, lightsheet and super-resolution (preferred)
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in Imaging related Application Support and/or Product Marketing in life science in a technical environment preferred
- People oriented, strong communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Self-directed, self-starter
- Travel as necessary
The position involves close interaction with customers, sales, marketing, product strategy and engineering. Therefore, the ideal candidate will have significant background and experience working with microscopy imaging techniques and technologies for both fixed and live cells. Preferably, you have experience working directly with scientists to apply imaging based technologies to advance their research. In this role, you must be flexible and able to work both independently and in teams. You must be an organized self-starter comfortable engaging both business and technology, and engaging with potential customers. You must possess strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills with the internal drive to make the product vision a reality.